This may be stupid to some... adult content

Alright!! It is 28 days from the start of your period that you start counting right?! If it is, I started my last one Oct. 31st... was due 28th of Nov.. right?! I keep getting negative tests, how long should I wait until I get another test, and if they keep comming up neg, when do you think I should see the Dr.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You don't need to see a doctor because your period is late and you're getting negative tests, unless you want a blood test. Most docs will tell you to lower your stress levels and wait another month - it is not uncommon to skip a period, especially if you're stressed. And worrying about where your period is is stressful! You are right though, you count from the first day of your last period, so if you normally have a regular 28 day cycle yes, you are a couple days late, but like I said, it's not uncommon to be late or skip once in a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If you have a 28 days cycle, sure. But not everyone does.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:20 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• except, we are trying to be positive.. stressed, not really, confused yes, because i'm normally early for my period. Last time I skipped I had cancer cells.. I don't skip, it's not my body's way of going every month. I was if anything.. excited!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My cycle was 30 days. So you can have varying lengths of cycles from one woman to the next, and even one woman can have a 28 day cycle one month, and a 31 day cycle the next. If you're concerned about prenatal care, the only thing the dr would do at this point is have you pee on a stick, or do a blood test, and then give you prenatal vitamins if you were positive. They'd schedule an ultrasound for when you're 8-10 wks to determine the due date. So, my point is, if you're still getting neg. tests, but think you could be positive, just buy some vitamins, and wait a week or so. Test again. I didn't test positive until about 4 days after my period was due to start. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010