Online dating....How long?

How long would it take for you to want to meet someone (in person) that you just started talking to, today...If you were on an online dating website?

gogogirl79

Asked by gogogirl79 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• at least a month, maybe two
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 10:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• II met DH on line ...we started talking on June 24 and met in person on July 13. We talked on line for about a week or so and on the phone for about 2 weeks...we would sometimes be on the phone for 3-4 hours at a time though... a little insane but once we met we were with each other pretty consistantly that was 11 years ago
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• At least a month..with the last few I've met online we emailed for a month then started IM-ing for a bit then moved to texting..I hate talking on the phone so I skipped that part..it just depends on you, at what point you feel comfortable enough to meet them.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 10:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• to me at least a month first get to know him and then yall can meet each other. like that bout of yall going to know a lil good things and bad about each other, what he or you like and what he or you dont like.
    jasmines25mom

Answer by jasmines25mom at 10:27 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Never. I wouldn't.
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i wouls at least wait a month or so.......
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• see i honestly wouldnt ever meet anyone online in person....you never know what you might be getting yourself into....the guy could be a killer,he could also be a rapist.......but see thats just my opinion,if you want to meet this guy wait at least a month or so......and when you meet this guy be sure to have one of your close girlfriends or hell even a guy friend do like a steak out....you meet this guy and your friend sits in a car somewhere or in a building somewhere to keep and eye on you,make sure you are safe!!!!
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Are you married SMALLfry? You might change your mind about meeting men online if you were alone for a long period of time and didn't ever meet men anywhere in "real life" A lot of women find themselves single and unwilling to go to bar to meet men or don't have the time to join clubs or go to fucntions where there might be available men. Don't be so quick to say you'd never do it, it is a last resort, I agree.. but I have met several men online and never been raped, no one has ever tried to kill me either..lol the worst that's happened is one guy I met was a total motormouth, wouldn't shut up, it was really annoying!! But most men out there are just normal guys looking for love, same as you & me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The want might be there as early as a few days, but I wouldn't actually do it until I had been talking to them for over a month.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband and I met through Match.com almost 4 years ago. We communicated at first through email and met for dinner 10 days after that. That was generally the way it worked with others I dated before meeting him. By the way - not once did any man I met online turn out to be a killer or a rapist!!! :) They were all perfect gentlemen (some were a little odd, but never threatening).
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010