How many packs of newborn diapers should i buy since babies grow so fast?

soon2bmmy

Asked by soon2bmmy at 10:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Unless your baby is very small, size 1 should fit within a week or so.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• one, unless your baby is really small you probably wont even use all of those.
    cakright

Answer by cakright at 10:18 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I never even used newborn diapers. I used size 1 for around a week or 2. We flew in and out of size 2's. I remember they stayed in 3's for a while.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:23 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's going to vary widely - my daughter was in newborns for 6 weeks. She was 7 lbs 12 oz when she was born, but she just didn't grow very fast (all my babies were born "average" size but then just stayed small). Since the newborn size is cheaper (same price, more diapers/package than the larger size), I kept her in them as long as they fit. I used lots of packs, I don't even remember how many.

Answer by missanc at 10:25 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't buy any. Size 1 is what they have in the hospital and they fit just fine unless the baby is tiny. We used newborn size with our oldest (7lbs 1oz) for a week or so...just one pack before moving up. My older son NEVER fit into newborn anything. He was 9lbs 3oz and outgrew size 1 diapers in about a week and was in size 3 by 8 weeks. He also never wore newborn clothes. He came home in 0-3 (and anyone with a newborn knows those things are usually huge on a new baby) tops and 3-6 month pants. My next one was 6lbs 15oz and we had a pack of newborn diapers that we bought before our son was born and she used those but we never bought more. And I don't think we even got them with our 4th. Our last was 7lbs 9oz and went right into size 1. He was in size 2 by 5 weeks and in size 3 at 8 weeks and is almost outgrown them at 4 1/2 months. We might have to move up to a size 4 next time we buy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my son was 7lbs 3 oz and i went through about 6 bags
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would suggest only one. Both of my children were in size one within the first week.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:33 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• the only newborn ones I had were the ones they gave me in the hospital then I went to cloth when we got home.
    Dolybye

Answer by Dolybye at 11:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We used one pack of newborn diapers, (my son was 6.9 at birth) Near the end of the pack they were snug but we used them up and moved on to size 1.
    sheepishcanuck

Answer by sheepishcanuck at 12:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I bought one, and didn't need more. I just used the size 1, they weren't that big on my son. I would buy one, and then buy more if you need them. NB diapers are the most expensive!
    misslissaj3

Answer by misslissaj3 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010