Any answers about knowing when to use ovulation kits?

I was on medroxyprogesterone in July to stop excessive bleeding and my doctor told me I should not have any problems conceiving. Well, once I stopped the hormone my periods have been very very light and only lasting 2-3 days. My husband and I have been using the Ovulation Kits and getting positive results with them but we are still not pregnant. Any answers or suggestions. I do have a doctors appt on the 24th of this month as well, just wanted to get other womens opinions before I go. Thanks!

joheawill41204

Asked by joheawill41204 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I found the kits to be a waste of money. Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. I got pregnant the first month I followed her technique.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I got pregnant with clomid and ovulation predictors. The kits should have pretty detailed instructions as to what days to use them. If you are getting the positive, then you are using it right. Are you having sex regularly thru the fertile period? One thing I've had people say to me that sticks in my head is that maybe you worrying so much about getting pregnant is what's getting in the way. Calm down and enjoy the baby dance. When the time is right you"ll get pregnant. (Listen to me saying this AFTER my first sentence!) This time around I'm stressing about it. I've been on clomid 3 times now and no postitve yet. BUT... Good luck to you!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I never had any luck with the ovulation predictors. What worked for me is counting ten days after the last day of my period, (I think thats what it was) and we tried those few days around there. It took us 6 months. It'll happen. Good Luck.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:09 AM on Nov. 6, 2008