I need an age appropriate, parent approved website for a an 8yr old 3rd grade girl.

She wants to create her own person (to resemble herself) and play games. She loves webkins but wants it to be people. She wanted American girl but I can't spend $100 on a doll when the only reason she wants it is for the web access. I am willing to pay to use the site but that's just too much. Any suggestions would be great.

randieia

Asked by randieia at 10:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Liv dolls has a website similar to Webkinz - although much smaller and more limited. The dolls are only around $15. My daughter didn't spend much time on it before she moved on to my games (Diner Dash, etc.) so I don't know much about it, but it's age appropriate. You would have to check it out.

Answer by missanc at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My kids are rarely allowed on the computer but when they are they go to poptropica.com. It's a virtual world where you create a character to represent you and then go on adventures all over the world, talking to other characters, solving puzzles and just exploring. It's really cute and they are constantly adding new worlds and things to do. They learned about it at their old school (from their computer teacher who let them play during class).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Try dress up. My grand daughters love it.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010