Help with workout motivations.

I would like to start working out again and running I have noone to work out with and no motivaiton. Any suggestions...

aus14

Asked by aus14 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• ya just gotta do it.....nobody can light a fire but you
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sign up for a 5k in the spring time and then create a schedule for training to include cross training and running. If you've paid the race entry fee, you might be more likely to train for it!

Set up a schedule and stick with it. Even if you don't feel like going, remember how you'll feel after, which at least for me is always what makes me go.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'm trying to do a 10k in april (there is a bet going on) but I have a 2 year old and don't want to get out with him in the cold ( I have a jogging stroller) noone to watch him to run and in the morning I don't Live n a very lit place to run at 4:30 in the morning I kno all the excuses
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I used to work up a sweat just by turning on the loud music and dancing for about 45min to an hour...but I do mean non-stop, fast-paced dancing. Choose some music that will get you going and even if the moves don't go with the rhythm, it'll be fine as long as your body gets it's heart rate up.

Also, I bought a sweating suit (looks like plastic) at the sporting goods store and that makes you sweat like crazy...helps you build your endurance too. Be careful though with those and make sure to drink plenty of water at least an hour before you start and immediately after you finish because you will feel dehydrated.

You can do this just to start out and then go out for your run to start training for your run when you have time to get some cardio outside.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I use music that makes me move it! and I change it up about every two weeks. Good Luck!
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 11:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try to be your child's tail. Move when and how your child does. You'd begin to realize how much kids move.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Put on a pair of jeans that are too tight everyday, when you see that they fit great! Then you will be stoked!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• find a friend!! you can both motivate each other
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Where I live I have no life or friends to be able to do that with
    aus14

Comment by aus14 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2011