Does your child take the bus or walk to school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My 2nd grader takes the bus...and LOVES it....we took the bus as kids and rode for an hour it was horrible
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My 1st and 5th graders ride the bus and they love it too
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:41 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• neither. we live to close to school for them to ride the bus, but too far for them to walk. so we bring them and pick them up. in the spring we will start allowing the oldest ones to walk home 2 days a week (the other 3 days we have to be there to sign out 2 preschoolers).
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Drive. He's in a local public school and wishes and dreams when he sees the bus. Too far to walk (about four miles) and no bus available. In the warm weather his dad takes him to school strapped into his bike carriage and my husband pedals away. Other kids LOVE his carriage and want a ride.  When we go to the public school right down the road...no bus because we live too close (can't win either way).  And can't walk because that would be very unsafe with the busy road.  Grrrr....  My ideal would be to walk.  I prefer that and have visions of walking with him.  I walked over a mile when I was just so tiny.  I loved it. 

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I drive them. It is too far on a busy street for them to walk, especially the kindergartener. On nice days in the spring and fall my middle schoolers will ride their bikes.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Drive them
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• They take the bus (yay...the last 3 years they walked at their old school and it sucked when it was below freezing outside). The bus picks them up down the street. They love riding the bus.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine walk to school with me or their older brothers and cousin. If it is very cold/snowy/icy, I drive them. It is too long a walk to take in bad weather.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 12:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I walk my ds to school/home
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my 5 year old takes the bus and she is on the bus for 55 minutes.She was really tired at first but other then that she does just fine..I tell her to sit by the driver so if any problems arise for her he can redirect her to better behavior.
    mimismom09

Answer by mimismom09 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010