Gay Marriage SERIOUS QUESTION please read

OK, I totally understand many think Gay Marriage is wrong because the bible tells you it is.

So here's my question - Why do you care what someone else does? You are supposed to keep YOURSELF from sin. No where in the bible does it say to stop everyone from sinning. The sin is that of the sinner, not you.

some think it's a sin to eat meat on fridays...so should it be illegal for everyone to eat meat on fridays? Where does this end?

Why does it matter to you what others do? Judge not right? It is not your place to judge someone as a sinner or not, it's not your place to tell others what they can and can't do. God gave us all free will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I as a christian honestly have to agree with you. So many christians spend so much time protesting and alienating homosexuals with a get saved or go to hell attitude when that time could be better spent feeding hungry or taking care of unwanted children etc. I am opposed to gay marriage, but I am also opposed to adultery etc. Your totally right. God gave us free will and we should be concerned with kepping our own sin in check and spreading the love of Jesus Christ not condemning other
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Kudos.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 10:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Very very well put. I think to each his own. People really need to follow one thing I always heard in the south but have yet to hear up here_ Mind ya own!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yay some sane people!

If you are wondering why it was posted anonymously, it was to avoid stupid PMs from people preaching to me...I'm so sick of those! :)
    Anonymous

• Gay marriage is wrong, not only because of religious reasons, but because marriage is and should only be reserved for a man and a woman. This is a respectable relationship IMO and a gay relationship is wrong in every sense of the word. Sorry if you dont agree with me but to me this is the truth. But on the other hand, I dont put my 2 cents in with gay couples and their relationships, that is a choice that they have made, and that is they business. So in other words, for me its not right but its not my place to preach to anyone.
    Anonymous

• webster's definition:

(1): the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law
    (2): the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage
    b: the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock
    c: the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected ; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
    3: an intimate or close union

same sex marriage is part of the definition!!! so don't say because "it means between a man and a woman"
    Anonymous

• I care about other people because I don't want them to go to hell . The bible said go out preach the word to all the nations all I can do is tell people now if they want to believe me that's up to them if not then God will judge them not me I'm just here trying to get them saved before its to late. God bless

nun

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I believe that we have no right to judge, but I believe that we have the opportunity to talk to people about their sins and to try to help them not sin. When it comes to homosexuality I'm split down the middle. I say if they aren't hurting anyone then let them have rights, but a pastor that doesn't believe that it is right to marry them shouldn't be forced to do so just because of the laws. I love my homosexual friends with all my heart, some of the best people I've met and some of the best friends I could ask for. I don't think that what they do is right in my religion but I will not judge or hate them for it. I will love them like the bible tells us to love our brothers and sisters in the lord because no matter what they do they are still our brothers and sisters and deserved to be loved.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 10:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well, then go for it...I dont really care what you want to do...Like I already said.
    Anonymous

• Thats all well and good, but the question was about why people thik it's within their rights to make gay marriage illegal.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008