boooo I think I have pink eye??

okay ladies help me out.
I was putting my makeup on just now and I noticed my bottom lid was a little sore when I was putting eye liner on. It felt kind of like I had a stye under it or whatever, so I looked and its really red under it, which idk if it normally looks THAT red or not cause, I mean who looks there all the time..right? (it also kind of feels like if you scratch your lid with your eyeliner brush, the next day its sore..)

so yeah then I noticed a splotch of red next to the coloring of my eye.
ohmgosh do i have pink eye :c
am i GETTING pink eye?
how can i treat it?
how would I have even got it!?
and do i have to throw my makeup away now :c

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• Yes, you need to throw you makeup away now.

Pink eye is highly contagious, so you could have got it from anywhere.

I believe there is no reliable treatment other than antibiotics, you'll have to check with your doctor about that, though.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You don't happen to be nursing are ya?

If so, put the milk in it. It helps tremendously. Yes, to the throwing away washing of anything for eyes. keep it very clean and don't touch it. This will all help.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:49 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It could just as easily be an infection of another kind, or just an irritant. Throw your makeup away, take a couple of days off of wearing any at all, and if it doesn't get any better, go to the doctor (you need prescription drops to get rid of pink eye). You won't be able to wear makeup either til it is totally cleared up. If it clears up on it's own within a couple of days it's not pink eye. Either way, wash your hands a LOT, don't touch your eyes, don't let your kid(s) touch your face, wash their hands plenty. GL mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If your whole eye is not getting pink, then I'd say you either have a broken blood vessel or an inflamed blood vessel.

Pink can be either viral or bacterial. If it's bacterial, it will clear up in 24-48 hours. If it's viral, it could take a week. Antibiotics from your doc will help speed up curing it. If you wear contacts, you will have to take them out.

I've heard that if you dip a cloth in warm milk and hold it on your eye, that it will help ease the symptoms, but I've never tried it.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I know this pink eye stuff because we just went through an outbreak in our house!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The whole drops thing is kinda like when docs prescribe antibiotics for ear infections...unless they test for what kind is causing it, the drops may or may not even work. Same with ear infections, docs give the medicine just to appease mom. The ear infection will go away on it's own in time even with no medicine. You just have to give it time.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• you should call you doctor and yes get rid of your
    make-up you just used.... I remember my twin first x-mas. A friend
    brought her daughter over and she had pink eye. Christmas morning
    both babies got pink eye....
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010