darn, wanted to make bbq pork chops and im out of bbq sauce. what else can i do w/ them?

usually, i either bread them and bake or marinate in olive oil & seasonings or italian dressing. i hate porkchops, they always come out dry. i do like them in the olive oil but im tired of doing it the same old way. any other ways to fancy up my porkchops? thanks.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Do you have ketchup and brown sugar? If you do, you've got BBQ sauce.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• One of my favorite ways to fix chops is to brown them in a big skillet, add a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions, and a layer of carrots. Mix 4 beef bouillon cubes with about a cup of water that is hot enough to dissolve them. Pour over the chops and veggies and put a lid on the skillet. Simmer until meat and veggies are tender. It's a meal in a skillet and they will not be dry!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:48 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Simple- use a can of cream of mushroom soup pour it over the chops and bake (if you have lipton onion soup mix at it to the cream of mushroom)

Put them in the crockpot with some veggies and apple cider, beer or chicken or beef broth any one of them will work. Add potatoes, carrots, onions and some garlic and basil....yum
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I make this dry rub for them

1 tblsp flour
    t tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp paprika
    1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 tblsp brown sugar
    1 tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne (optional, we like ours spicy)

I mix this all together & sprinkle it on each side of the chop & pan fry in butter. I cook on high & i cook them quickly so that the herbs will brown. It keeps it very moist, my chops are never dry & DH loves them. Goes great with some pan grilled yellow squash n onions.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i put mine in a deep frying pan with a cup of water, cup of dales, and a cup of wistoshire . it is sooooooo good. thats what im doing tonight
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If you have a few cans of tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce, simmer them in the tomatoes with some garlic, parsley, basil and serve over the pork chops. The tomatoes keep the pork chops tender.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• mix about 3 or 4 T. honey or agave 2/3 cup light soy sauce ,minced garlic,minced ginger and dice onion put in a zip bag with chops and marinate in frig.Pour in pan with chops bake 375 till done.I mix a little extra sauce, cook some angel hair and mix.Serve with veggie of choice.We like broccoli or asparagus with this.Taste the sauce as you go and add more spices if you like.When kids aren't eating with us I add crushed red pepper.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mmmm... I think they said most of what I know other than frying them, breaded or not, and then serving with sides. My grandmother also used to put them in some kind of baked casserole with rice which was really good but unfortunately I don't remember how she made it.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• you can make honey mustard sauce
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• salt & pepper.. or italian dressing
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2010