What do you use for your child's diaper rash?

dubes

Asked by dubes at 10:47 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I dabbed on colloidal silver, none of the creams or anything else worked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Aquaphor

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I use Desitin. I've used A&P Ointment for Diaper Rashes (I believe it is) and it helps soothe, but it doesn't remedy the rash completely. Desitin is the only method that has worked for my kids. If you're having issues you can try the Johnson and Johnson Powder with Cornstarch. That is supposed to help relieve any existing rash and soak up excess moisture in diapers.

As well, you might have to change the wipes or diapers that you use. My son developed an allergy to the brand/type we were using, so I had to switch to a sensitive, non scented wipe. It worked beautifully.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:28 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Vaseline. Desitin makes my son itch.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• bordeaux's butt paste
    asil

Answer by asil at 12:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I used A&D on my son when he was in diapers and it helped with the rash and when ever he went bm and before bed time I would give him a bath to wash away the germs and then put some more A&D on before the diaper. Doing this cleared up the rash in just a couple of days.
    Kitten19

Answer by Kitten19 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Plain Vaseline and cornstarch baby powder (unscented)....all the creams out there would irritate my son's butt....the vaseline & cornstarch powder clears it up in 2 days, 3 tops.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My daughter's always turned into a yeast infection and her pediatrician had me put athlete's foot lotion on it and it always made it go away within the second application of it.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Air. Or diaper rash cream. When my sister had severe diaper rash my mom used bag balm.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A & D. plus Balmex.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010