How long did you know DH before he proposed? Did he ask parents permission

we had beed dating 14 month and then married almost a year to the day later. He did ask my mom's permission because he knew that was important to me...I dont know why it was important though it just is

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 10:50 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• 3 months, and, yes... later when we set a date, he did ask my dad.

My dad offered a ladder and a getaway car
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 2 1/2 years.. No he didn't ask because my dad really didn't like him.. lol
    dohrmom_2010

Answer by dohrmom_2010 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We dated 5 months when he asked my Mom. We were engaged one year to the day.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• he dd not ask my parents permission and my mom was not happy about it. I think mostly because I was so young I was only 18 just graduating. And because we didn't know eachother that long. He asked me 2 months after dating. My mom said it wouldn't last since we were so young when we got engaged and here we are 7 years of marriage and almost 11 years of being together still going strong
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 5 months, and yes. we married 5 months later.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Two weeks, and no he didn't ask my parents....I was already divorced and had a child.

Oh, and we've been married 22 years now.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I had known him for a year and a half, dated for 9 mos when we got engaged, married 9 mos after that
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We'd known one another for three years, not dating, just good buddies. I'd been out of state for a while going to a dog training academy, but had graduated early and sent him an e-mail saying I'd be back in a week's time just to let him know what was up. During that week, he asked his mother for the family heirloom wedding rings, driven five hours to ask my mother if he could ask me to marry him and looked into employment in the area in which I live. When I got home, he was waiting for me, which was a real surprise, I didn't think he'd be there. He handed me the rings and said "Here are your rings." I said "What? What have you been smoking, these aren't mine!" He said "They're yours if you want them, will you marry me?" So, without ever dating, I said yes and we were married 28 minutes later. Our first kiss was in front of the JOP. We just celebrated our 11th anniversary.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I knew dh since we were about 13.... didn't get together until I was 24 almost 25. We dated for about 2 months when we started talking marriage. We got married about 7 months later. No, he didn't ask my parents. I was divorced with 2 children.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• DH and I had been dating exactly a year when he proposed. He proposed on our Anniversary. He did ask my dad's blessing before hand.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2010