Question about late teethers...

dd is almost a year old and is still toothless. There is one starting to come in and will prob pop out in a week or so. I am wondering though, when babies get their first teeth late, do the rest usually come in quicker, or will it just take her longer to get all her teeth?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For my baby, once the first came in, the rest followed at generally the same rate as kids who teeth earlier. For example, once the first tooth came in, it was another 3 weeks until the next one came in, for both my kids.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my oldest didn't get her first tooth til somewhere around 9-11 months. she only had about 3 teeth by her first birthday. same with my middle. my youngest on the other hand, is 10 months old and has six teeth! four came in at once when she was 8-9 months and two just came in at the same time two weeks ago. it seems for her multiple teeth come in at the same time.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My middle daughter was a late teether. Her first tooth didn't break through until a week after she turned 1. From what I remember they came in about the same rate as the other kids but came in a weird order. Like her first one was on top in the middle then the one next to it (not in the middle), then the other middle one. THEN one of the lower ones. It was really weird and it was FOREVER before that other top one came in (like all her other teeth were already in by then).
    I assumed because they came in so late she would lost them really late but she lost them earlier than all the other kids...she was 5 1/2 when the first one (a bottom one) came out. She's 8 now and it has taken a full year for the top left one to come in...just like when she was a baby, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• mine didnt get teeth til between 12-18 months and they came in farely quick but I felt like it was harder on her than her friends cuz at that age she was more aware of the discomfort. the later they teeth the healthier the teeth though:)
    scanamey77

Answer by scanamey77 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010