How do I get out of this emotional dependent relationship? adult content

I want to get out of a emotional dependent relationship and I dont know how. It's my sons father who is totally not good for me and hasn't been their for his child's ever since he was born. I know it's stupid for me to even continue in any relationship with him but I'm ashamed to say the sex is amazing. I want to disconnect from him but I love the sex also we have so much in common. I know that makes me an idiot but I've learned that I'm emotionally dependent on him and I dont want to be that type of girl.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Counseling to help you understand why you are staying. And how to break the emotional bonds. Otherwise, you just have to do it, kind of like ripping off the bandaid, it will hurt for a little while but it gets better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree...until I started counseling I was left with all my own pointless thoughts swimming around in my head in circles..my therapist helped me so much, it's like she walked into my insanity with me, grabbed my hand and slowly walked me back out. She helped me unravel sooooo many things I couldn't make sense of but wanted desperately to change.
    Anonymous