Can you help settle this argument?

Say you worked 40 miles from where you live . You don't have a car. You ask your cousin if you can ride into the city where you work since "she is going that way anyway." She has to go out of her way to pick you up at home, adding at least 15 minutes to her commute. Now even though she drives into the city for work everyday, do you think, as a thank you gesture, you should offer to pitch in for gas every now and then? Even if it is just 5 bucks?

nmmama09

Asked by nmmama09 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes. Every monday I would give her a 20.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Absolutely!! It would be a nice gesture of appreciation.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would offer to pay for the gas sometimes.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 11:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Absolutely!! That is the least you can do, I think she should split the gas....it's not just a little extra guess she's using, it's also her time, and it's not her fault that the cousin doesn't have a car.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yep!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:04 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would offer to pitch in
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yes. someone taking you to work is a priveledge, family or not. especially in hard times like these when the cost of living & gas is up and the pay rate is down.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well she is going 15 minutes out of her way that is an extra half hour daily. 2.5 hours weekly, 10 hours monthly. Think of ten extra hours what you could do with them.. So to say the least pay her for her time.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Definitely, even though she is goes to the city for work as well she is still going out of her way to pick you up and drop you off at your place of work. I would say 20 a week would be nice, maybe even a little more if you have the money.
    My husband picks up a friend of ours from her place of work and brings her home (she lives two blocks from us) a few times a week and she gives us gas money which is greatly appreciated. She gives us a five every time, even when we say don't worry about it.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes a couple bucks for gas is a nice gesture.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 11:11 AM on Dec. 2, 2010