Terrible 2's... do they EVER end??????

My dd is 2 and is NEVER happy!!!! She's driving me out of my mind, I keep hearing this is "just a phase", but I have a feeling this "phase" may last for the rest of her life!!!!

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• It turns into the terrible 3's, which are worse because they talk back. Then you have a few years break until they hit puberty and then all hell breaks lose.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• lol it will pass! my son used to be like that all the time but as his speech got better he doesnt act out as often!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The terrible two's are just training for all of the "phases" to come.......training for you!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:05 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• enjoy the terrible two's. they are a blessing compared to the trysome three's!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• ya in fact its gone faster than ya realize, before you know it there are in school (which seems so far off at the time) and you're wondering what happened to the time?! lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sure they do! Then come the 'f'ing threes!'
    Seriously though, my kids go through phases of being difficult followed by phases of being little angels, followed by phases of being difficult... but everything passes. Nothing is forever.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well see my child didn't have terrible twos......she had wary womb, wicked ones, terrible twos, terrifying threes and foul fours. I'm sure it'll continue for me.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My son turned 3 about 3 weeks ago and lately his attitude and yelling back is nothing compared to the 2's..ugh.. I hear the 3's are worse.. which I know isn't encouraging but if you stay strong consistant and get through this it will pay off mommy.. good luck - I luvmm09 and i sound like we had the same child lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think it depends on the child and his/her personality. My son didn't really have terrible twos.he's now three and I am enjoying this age even more! Everything is on HIS time though - that you have to figure out how to cimcumvent until then it can be a bit frustrating.
    norrs12

Answer by norrs12 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I thought that they would pass but i hve a 4 year old that talks back to me, saids "mommy i told u to do this", thinks that he can do what ever he wants. I have tried time out, taking toys away, taking the toys out of his room, taking the t.v away, telling him he cant go to his dads for the weekend, when we go out to wal-mart or something he dont get a toys. I have tried all of this but he is good in school and when he goes to his dads, but then when he comes home it starts all over again.
    Babygirl121307

Answer by Babygirl121307 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010