Does anybody else not have their tree up yet?

Normally we would have our tree up by now, but we haven't pulled it out yet (yep it's fake). I admit, I haven't quite warmed up to Christmas yet, because until recently we thought we weren't even going to be able to have one and we just settled into the disappointment of it (but we got a little extra cash this week, so we do have a little bit to spend now--we didn't think we would have anything) and I think because of that we (or least I) haven't quite been able to get out of the funk.

I'm slowly warming up, I've gotten into the mood for Christmas music and I got a few things for my son. So maybe this weekend we'll put it up. Later than we usually do, but better than never I guess.

Oh, I told DH that one reason why I personally wasn't in the mood is because he never helps decorate the tree. I always dreamed of decorating as a family and that hasn't happened yet in the 10 years we've lived together. He'll put it up and he'll do the lights (the extras that we put on), but he just won't decorate and I just find that so disappointing. I'll be glad when my boy is old enough to really help and it can be a family thing--at least between the two of us. Oh he will help now, but I still have to hang the ornaments, LOL.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope not yet, we get a live tree so Im waiting till next weekend, nothing worse then a dead brown tree on Christmas! You reminded me of the trees my ex used to get for us. We had a huge ceiling in the livingroom and he would get a tree that almost hit the ceiling. But I was the one who always decorated it, there I would be up on a 6 ft tall ladder trying to wrap the lights around it,,,lol,,good times, good times
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• we don't. We won't be home for Xmas, plus the boys are older now, so we're not as into it as we were in the past. We'll probably wait till a week or 2 before.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We don't yet because we have little ones but I'm about to get out my 2 foot tree to put upstairs on my dresser. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 11:09 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine went up last Saturday
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:10 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I don't, I want to order a gate to put up in the den so the kids won't get into it before I put it up, so it'll be about another week. Otherwise we would have already had it up. We did work on some outside decorating yesterday.

jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We don't have ours up. I am planning to put it up this weekend though
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We do not put ours up until the week before Christmas.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• First, we don't have our tree up....we get a live one & put it up 2 weeks before Christmas.

As for the other issue......years ago when my kids were little, we had a really rough Christmas. I was a sahm, and my husband got laid off just before Christmas. We didn't have much for the kids & I was so depressed. I love Christmas. But, we decorated the house, baked tons of cookies & made Christmas crafts & gifts together. I had gotten snow tubes for the boys at a clearance sale for $5, and that had to be their "big Santa gift". We live in Los Angeles, at the time just north of L.A., so we would have to take the boys to the mountains to use them. Christmas morning my 2 year old comes running into our bedroom.."Mommy snow, snow." I was sure it was just frost, but no it had really snowed. The boys spent the whole day at the park a block away on their snow tubes, and it was our best Christmas ever.

I wish you some Christmas Magic!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:14 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nope and I may not put one up this year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We'll put ours up next weekend, we get a real one and they get too dry if they are up for any longer than 3 weeks or so.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:16 AM on Dec. 2, 2010