How much money do you spend on Christmas decor/lights and all that?(those starting out with new homes)

I dont spend very much.. usually I make my own wreaths w/ berries and things, my sister is big on crafts and does awesome.. but everytime i consider buying something the hubby thinks im crazy and that i have too much. I really dont. i have very little compared to lots of people i know!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 11:30 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• Starting out the best thing to do is get a few things and then buy things over the years AFTER christmas when you can get them cheaper. Ive developed quite the stash over the last 10 years and 95% of it was bought after Christmas for less than half the price!
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I don't have a dollar amount. Ea yr at the start of and at the end of (clearance time) I buy new decorations
    some for the current yr and some for the next yr...
    I also make my own wreaths and ea yr will tweak them either add or take away lights...
    I can't even tell you how much I spent already and may really still have to get a few more
    things...
    I love shopping for Holiday decorations...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have to admit that I love shoppping for holiday decorations and do so before but especially after the holiday... Its so exciting!!1 I do buy a lot of material to make my own wreaths and garlands which saves a bit, but my house generally looks like a holiday explosion lol so I would say around $300 or $400 each year with every thing...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Usually, about $20 a year. I get things that can be reused. This year we spent more, because we bought a much taller tree.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:32 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yes we save our stuff and reuse it of course.. but its only our 2nd christmas in our house together.. so we've started out with nothing!
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Why would you constantly need to spend money on them? I have the same wreath and tree and ornaments every year. So, unless I happen to see something cute that I want or something on sale. Then..$0.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:35 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• We usually try to buy 1 new thing for the outside decor every year. I love houses that are well decorated at Christmas. I would say anywhere from $20-$50.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• LOL..sorry. I didn't see the response before I typed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• haha, i stuck it in the question so its not confusing(:
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 11:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2010