Cervix is high, open and soft but cervical mucus is creamy not clear and stretchy...SO CONFUSED...HELP PLEASE!!

Yesterday my cervix was medium high, slightly open and medium firmness. My cervical mucus was kind of between creamy and stretchy. It was still the creamy color but was stretching a little.

I THOUGHT I was moving towards ovulation but then today when I woke up my cervix was so high I could barely reach it, very soft, and open so I thought "YES I'm ovulating...BABY DANCE TIME!!" (LOL) but when I checked the cervical mucus it was thick and creamy again.

Now I'm confused...Is my body just trying to move into ovulation but just hasn't gotten there yet or should I go ahead and BD now?

I've never had this issue before. Normally my fertility signs are pretty clear cut.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• As long as you're not artificially inseminating, and it's not costing your $400 a pop, have sex. If you think there's a CHANCE you could conceive, it's worth it. It could be that you're about to ovulate. Or not. But it's worth trying if you can. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thanks...I just wish it was more clear because DH is out of town (2 hours away) for work and he said if I'm ovulating he'll drive home but I don't want him to drive all this and me end up not being fertile....ya know?

I mean I of course would LOVE to see him but I also don't want to waist his gas and time that he could be working if I'm not fertile. KWIM?

The sooner he gets his work done the sooner he can come home for good and I don't want to delay that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010