how do you stretch a dollar when filling christmas stockings?

ESP. FOR AGES 6-11

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Holidays

• For my girls ages 9,7, and 5. I would do like nail polish, chapstick, candy, pencils, erasers, silly bands, those life savor books, gift cards, fancy cookie cutters with sprinkles, electic toothbrushes. Now for boys toy cars, candy, life savor books, gift cards, cookie cutters, sprinkes, even coupons for a special day out with mom or dad. Works for both boys and girls. Puzzles, fun pads, stickers, just to name a few.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I usually go to the dollar store and get little things. I also put either socks, underwear, or gloves in them. It fills them up a little and it is something that the kids need anyways.

I also buy bags of candy when they are on sale. This way I can divide it between all the stockings and not spend to much.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Dollar Tree... The most amazing dollar store ever! They actually have nice things that are really a dollar! My parents used to put gloves, a hat or scarf, lipgloss/chapstick, and candy... Just lil things that they would like.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Walmart has SO MANY cute things in the Holiday isle for $1.00 each for stockings. Bags of chocolate coal, Christmas push-pops, Christmas bubble tape, Christmas ring pops etc, Crisp chocolate Santas, etc etc. I bought enough to fill 3 stockings for very little money.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Get a big bag of candy they like and open it then fill it! takes up some room.. or shampoos & things take up some room! Mine are younger, and we hit up the target dollar section! I usually write them all a letter telling them how much i love them and how important they are and what things theyve done this year thats made me proud(they are young, and some dont even understand) but its a tradition i plan to keep going!!! :) Goodluck!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 11:45 AM on Dec. 2, 2010