ok so i have a friend thats 22 yrs old and her dr told her that she has cysts on both ovaries, she has been trying to get pregnant for the last 6 months w/no success. she has irregular bleeding and pain all the time. she went to see a new dr b/c she didnt like the one she was seeing, and she told me today her new dr told her she doesnt have cysts she has follicles. does anyone else find that strange?? i told her to contact her previous dr b/c that is very odd

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• Cysts can go away on their own and recur. Has your friend been diagnosed with something? Like PCOS, especially?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:53 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How was she diagnosed with cysts in the first place? Ultrasound? I've never heard of "follicles," except in relation to eggs being readied for release when a woman ovulates. How did the second doctor come to this conclusion?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:54 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• she had an ultrasound by her previous doctor...and she said her new doctor looked at her results from her ultrasound and said it was follices
    aprilrb81

Comment by aprilrb81 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Most people with female problems will get a 3rd opinion. I would if i were in her situation. Better to be safe than sorry.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i am also 22 and hve had cysts on my ovaries since i was 16. I have three kids. so the first dr your friend saw is probably a wack job
    tld1221

Answer by tld1221 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 2, 2010