Freaking pain! what is that?

ive had this pain in the left side of my stomach its not the ligament pain i know what that aweful pain is. This pain has been constant for about 3 min straight now.

its uncomfortable and painful.

any ideas??? im 26 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Does it have anything to do with the way the baby is posistioned? Like when you move around does the pain change at all?
    DevansMommy06

Answer by DevansMommy06 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you could have pulled a muscle or have a charlie horse in your stomach (yeah they suck and hurt) BUT better safe than sorry and if it is that bad you should probably been seen in urgent care or an ER call your on call doc and see where they want you to go from here. It could be a UTI which can lead to preterm labor (you dont want that) so give the doc a call and let us know hwo it turns out:) Good luck
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• no its still there...
    ive been getting this little pain throughout the day also.
    Anonymous

• Hmm. I would call the doc jus to be sure. It wont hurt to see what he/she thinks about it. It might not be anything.
    DevansMommy06

Answer by DevansMommy06 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Definately call the MD, why chance it. You don't want to be having contractions this early in your pregnancy. Hope everything works out ok.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• How long has this been going on? You have nothing to lose by calling your doctor for an opinion!

I had horrible pain for awhile as well, though mine was higher up, near my ribs. Originally, it was just my rib cage realigning to make space for everything that had to move, but eventually my gall bladder and one of my kidneys ended up being sluggish. My doc kept an eye on it, but said it was normal and would go away after I lost some weight (baby), which it did.

It may also just be a foot jabbing you...but there's only one way to be sure: talk to your doc! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:14 AM on Nov. 6, 2008