Would you talk to your dad if he called the cops?

When I was trying to move my dad called the cops and told them that my daughter didn't have food or shelter. The cops showed up as I was loading the truck and asked me if she had food? I opened up a cooler full of food and I had bag full of taco bell stuff. I had all my stuff already boxed up. They of course said that they had to do a check because a complaint was made. I found out it was my dad that did it!

trashymom

Asked by trashymom at 12:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• How?

How did you find out your dad called them? The police would not have told you (or if they did, you have a whole pile of legitimate complaints against them, and so does your dad...)

If your dad admitted it, clearly you're talking to him (and the Silent Treatment is so grade 2, don't you think?)... but if someone else accused him of it, I'd maybe be looking at them...

Your life is filled with drama.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sounds strange but he was just worried it seems maybe thought you were not ready to move
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 12:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Why would your dad do something loke that?
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Odd. I'd ask him why. Maybe he really thought there was no food. Btw, she does have shelter, right?
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Does yuor dad have reasons to be concerned for your daughter?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Ima say it just like this. As long as they didnt take away your kids just be happy. My dad and i had a fight we were making up the day i got the phone call tellin me he had a heartattack. More and likely he might have been picking with u but he didnt want u to move. So please be happy if hes a real dad tht tries to help because he could be gone.
    maire1988

Answer by maire1988 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• if it was your dad, what would cause him to call the police?
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• How do you know he was the one who called?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• the only time my father would ever call the police is if he was seriously concerned and felt that there was nothing that he could do to help me. There is a good chance that your father loves you and only wants what is best for you it seems really odd that he would call in that complaint if there was absolutely no foundation for it.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• If you found out from the police, that is legally wrong, but if you found out from someone legit, then give your dad some grace, and forgive him. My dad has many concerns about me living in an older home, and voiced them to me, and I viewed it as him being concerned about his grandson, and I sowed him grace, and forgave him.
    MSMama21

Answer by MSMama21 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010