Are u collecting unemployment?

If so, if they cancel your benefits will you be able to survive?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, but as a mother we all know how to make it work we do what we have to do .
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am not, I lost my job in July and didn't qualify. My DH has been on UEC since last November and he's STILL looking for a job. We are looking at loosing our house if he doesn't find something soon, regardless of whether or not he is able to continue with unemployment... There are LOTS of jobs advertising, but none that seem to be interested in him...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes I am. If they cancel our benefits we will not be able to make our monthly bills, and will lose our home. I have applied to over 300 places in the past 5 months, and have had ONE interview. No one calls back, responds to my e-mails, anything.

I feel it will pass though, after Congress is done playing their games.

Anonymous

• Nope
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yes, and yes
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I was for a while. They cancelled it when my husband and I started our new business, even though I hadn't gotten a salary and still haven't.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My hubby just lost his job on Tues and will be going on. Even with the unemployment, we are worried about making it and him finding something else.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 12:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am not on unemployment...
    But they are ending the extended benefits only.. which is completely fine by me! Unemployment needs to end at some point.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My husband is. He has a part time minimum wage job so he gets the difference every week.
    berrymorin3

Answer by berrymorin3 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

That stinks. If you know anyone in human resources have him practice his interview skills with them. So many times we don't realize there are things we do in an interview that sabotage us. Right now employers can be very picky on who they hire so only the best candidates will be hired so your husband just needs to get across to them he will be the best for the job. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous