Obama's Health care reform bill is leading to many children getting dumped from coverage.

Do you agree with this opinion piece?

linky

Unintended consequences as a result of perhaps, say, not reading the bill?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• BTW-there is a big sign on the kitchen door at work stating that the insurance coverage is NOT going to be the same because of the HCR bill and you should read everything thoroughly prior to signing up. I'll take a pic tonight if it's still up when I go in...
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• who are these children???? I sure can't afford insurance for myself or my husband, but our kids qualify and i'm glad! We live on a very tight budget but we make it work!
    Actress-mom81

Answer by Actress-mom81 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• SEIU 1199, huh? Oh, the irony.

And, while I do feel very badly for those children and their families, yes, this is the result of people in office NOT insisting on the time to thoroughly read and understand the bill before voting yes for it. If they were so rushed that they did not have the time to read it, they should have voted no on principle. "We don't know what we're voting for, so we can't in good conscience vote yes."

But this is also exactly what is supposed to happen. Here we are on the road to a fully government-run health-care system. And, no, you will not see me jumping for joy over this.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• – collapse
    oh it's fox news lol... I should have known.. Blame it on the bill of course.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 12:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• May-20

Answer by May-20 at 12:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Right May.Just what libs want..too bad we will all suffer for it.TN had their experiment with 'free' health insurance for all residents back in the 90's.Emplors started dumping their employees from their insurace coverage left and right ..forcing them onto the TN insurance..TN was well on it's way to bankruptcy when it was decded that it probably wasn't such a good idea.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• But this is also exactly what is supposed to happen. Here we are on the road to a fully government-run health-care system. And, no, you will not see me jumping for joy over this. Answer by May-20

Exactly. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• But but but I thought it was only greedy corporations making empty threats to change coverage and nobody would really do it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Just the tip of the iceberg with this bill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well, of all that I disagree with the Obama administration policies - I have found one silver lining - my 20+ adult daughter can stay on my health insurance policy even though she isn't a full-time student.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010