co-sleeping help!

my dd is 9 months old and she was sick for a few days so it was easier to have her sleep in our bed! but now she wont sleep in her crib at night, but she will sleep in it for naps! the weird thing is that she sleeps longer in our bed than in the crib! so im ok with co-sleeping but she takes up so much room!! we have a queen size bed and once she is asleep she is always at this odd angle and im not comfortable at all. how to i make sure we are both comfortable and still leave space for her daddy in the bed too! (lol he has been sleeping on the couch)

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Lol thats so cute. Just move her body I'm sure she'll still stay asleep, or go right back to sleep. My son sleeps with me also and he's 1. I also have a queen. He moves all over the place I after he's sleeping I just move him over.If you can get a bed rail put it on one side of the bed and let her lay on the side where the bad rail is so she wont fall out. Then you and hubby can have the other side. The best is the crib though. She wont like it for a couple of weeks but like everything else she'll get used to it.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well, crib is best is definitely an opinion. Our DD who is now 3.5 coslept with us until she was 2. We owned a crib she never slept in, and this year it was recalled due to babies dying by entrapment. Who knows what would have happened if she had slept in it! There are dangers in both co sleeping and crib sleeping, so as a parent you have to do what is right for your family. Just make sure to cosleep safely! As for that little one taking up too much room, we never did figure that one out! For a tiny being they sure take up a ton of room! DH and i were always squished up and she was sprawled out, lol. If it's in your budget a king size bed would be great, we never did afford one but wanted one. Another thing you can do, is take her crib, if it's a drop side crib, remove the drop gate. Push the crib against the wall and then push your bed against the crib, creating more space for her, and still be close to you. Good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• LOL...not real sure. My son was all over me in the bed, but, at the time..I had no one else to worry about.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my hubby works late and doesnt come to bed until 3-4am so he doesnt mind sleeping on the couch until we get up around 8 ish! sometimes he can fit in bed too! but like i said he doesnt mind! if he did i would work harder to move her to the crib!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I loved co-sleeping, and I even bought books about the benefits of it, but again, I didn't have anyone else, so if I had a Husband, I would've made sure he wasn't n the couch, as that could create tension in the marriage :(
    MSMama21

Answer by MSMama21 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• he slept on the couch most of my pregnancy! i hated his snoring and he moves to much!! it drove me crazy! but like i said he really doesnt mind if it helps his little girl sleep better! he is a great daddy!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Dads should never sleep on the couch in lue of child getting what they want.

She needs to go back to her bed plain and simple. She will sleep in her crib, she might cry and throw a fit about it, but she can and will do it.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010