Dont ask if you dont want to know...

Its funny how some people will come on this sight, ask questions to random people and get mad when they dont get the answer they want. One question that really set me off was a lady who was scared her child would come out black (she claims a sperm donor was how the baby was conceived) and she said she wasn't sure if she could love her child if it came out dark, was this wrong? Even though she brought out that her mother was from Jamaica and her brother was dark. She got bent out of shape when other ladies asked her why she cared so much? They said she should love her baby no matter what. Then she said "I dont know why I came in this sight, I thought I was going to get support." If I feel like something is out of line I'm not going to pat your back and trick you into believing everything is right. I felt so sorry for that baby who has no option rather then the mother who does.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Dude..this happens every minute on here. And I have asked the same dang question. I mean really...I don't get it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree. Every person on this site is not going to agree with what you're saying, support you or feel sympathy for you. If you don't want honest answers and can't handle negative comments or criticism, then you probably shouldn't ask questions on here.

As far as the lady goes that you mentioned, a child is a blessing and she should love it no matter what color, gender, etc. it is. I would've told her that too if I had seen the question.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• opinions are fine, but lashing out, being overly sarcastic and putting the poster down is not. Have an opinion, have two or three but be nice about it. You dont have to be a jerk to get your point across...not aimed at you poster but I have seen it in here this am and its not cool.
    Anonymous

• I can see what you are saying. This sight is not only full of people who support others, but most importantly others who don't mind being opinionated and sharing the truth.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 12:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Your, right, if you don't want to know- don't ask......but it's also possible to give your opinion without being a total bitch. Just because you have the right to act a certain way doesn't make it the right theing to do.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Anonymous makes a good point too. There's a big difference between stating your opinion and doing it in a nice, helping way and being totally rude and downgrading about it. Some people can't accept that not all people think and feel the same way as they do.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sometimes though...ALL the answers are NOT rude, just different than they want to hear and the poster goes off the deep end.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I found that some people can take an honest opinion and think just because you disagree your being a bitch. The truth can hurt...and so many people are on the defensive.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, you are on the money.

Everyone has diffrent opinions and we have to except them , or not ask.

I get annoyed when people are nasty about their opinions, if you think I am wrong then that is fine but don't judge me because you don't honestly know my whole situation and I can't put it all in the little box. LOL :)

Thank you ladies for all your opinions I appreciate it. Whether I liked them or not-you are alright with me... Happy Holidays....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• because the truth hurts! they want to hear what they think is the "right" answer and if you don't give it to them, they get pissed off or mad at you. Even though your answer might not be the "right" answer but, your opinion. and that's just it, it's our opinion.

I see a lot of silly questions too and wonder why in the world would you ask this!
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 12:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010