A good doll for a 6 year old?

We are thinking of getting a nice doll for our almost 6 year old for Christmas. She loves to read so we were thinking an American Girl doll. Anyone have any other suggestions?

reagan_collum

Asked by reagan_collum at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oooh I immediately thought American Girl when I read this! My daughter (6) now owns my 20 year old Samantha :)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Aww, yea the American Girl dolls are great...NO BRATZ!! Those dolls are not good business...lol
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 1:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Why don't you ask her if she would like Santa to bring her a doll. Then ask her what one she would like. This way you know that she likes it, and will play with it. My 6 year old who loves to read won't play with the doll we just got her at all, and we thought that she would love it.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 8:41 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I am not sure if you are a Christian but if so Life of Faith dolls are awesome great empowering stories in the books.
    My Twinn is pretty cool they design the doll to look like your daughter better than AG if your daughter has curly hair and other unique qualities AG doesn't offer
    We also own AG dolls but know that if your daughter loses interest in toys quickly don't invest in these yet they are at least $100 t for the doll and it never ends their $25 a outfit and they will want it all LOL
    That being said my oldest has the Life of Faith, the middle has an AG, and my youngest a bitty baby and they love them they are their best friends and taken with us everywhere all are super high quality and well worth the investment if your child is ready. Good Luck :)
    theschwenkfam

Answer by theschwenkfam at 6:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2008