is this me or is this a contradiction?

ok try to keep up mamas! so im currently in my 11th week of my 3rd pregnancy. I was on the phone this morning with a fellow mom of 3 girls.. she was telling me a story regarding cold cuts and blah blah and i said oh i love cold cuts i had some yesterday. she then says to me oh you shouldnt eat cold cuts when you're pregnant because of certain bacteria and I said oh its fine Ive eaten them before when I was pregnant with the boys I just made sure they were fresh and she says well if you want to harm your baby so I said well you smoked cigarettes through all 3 of your pregnancies so lets not talk about bad things to do when youre pregnant and she said its poisonous and i said so is cigarette smoke.. she then retorts well all 3 of my kids are fine ( btw side note they are not her 2 oldest 7 & 5 have had to have their adenoids removed and her 3rd who is 1 snores like my husband) is this a contradiction or is this just me ?

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 12:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is funny in the crappy kind of way. What a nut. I don't buy into the whole lunch meat is bad thing. I ate it all through every single one of my 5 pregnancies including my last one (baby was born in July). In fact I practically lived off of turkey sandwiches the last trimester. It was all I could eat without feeling sick (I either bought the turkey from the deli at the local grocery store or got a sandwich from Subway).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• LOL...yes. Smoking isn't good and neither are cold cuts. Although, you can do cold cuts in a way were you don't have to worry about Listeria. You can't do a thing to make smoking ok.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yeah it's funny how hypocritical others can be.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, it is a contradiction.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would say so
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 12:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• to each their own
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Sounds like it to me.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yup I'd say so.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You are right. Ignore her..
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• BTW! Fresh from the deli cold cuts are actually worse for you in terms of contracting listeriosis because they are processed meats loafed up and then sent to a deli to sit for _____ amount of time, being taken out, re-cooled, taken out, re-cooled, and since their shelf life is shorter their packaging isn't as air tight allowing for bacteria to fester. Listeriosis has little to no effect on someone who's not pregnant, but if contracted during pregnancy it can be catastrophic!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 12:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010