ok ladies this maybe TMI but i need a little help here..... adult content

ok my son,as most of you know swallowed a battery the other day! i had to take him to the hospital....they told us to go home and he could just poop it out! well my son has no issues with pooping but for some reason he didnt poop yesterday and has yet to poop today,thats not like him....he poops everyday sometimes twice a day....i need your help! can you ladies give me a list of foods that will help him poop? i know give him fiber but i need a list of foods that are high in fiber! i need this kid to poop that thing out so we can stop worrying.....i give him apple juice and that always helps but it didnt work yesterday and it hasnt worked today yet.....if you can help me out that would be awesome....

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Health

• marlax will not make them run to the bathroom all the time.Just makes it easier to go.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• broccoli, nuts, raisens, cereal, saled, apples with peel............
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would try marlax to make him go and make it easier in case the battery is causing trouble. Some fiber can even cause constipution and even dairy products. I know cause girl does the same thing. Even use a stool to prop their feet up. If to young for that lay them down and pedal their legs like a bicylcle.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• he is a 4 year old....ive never tried the stool thing....i want to try the miralax but im afraid that it will do what dulcolax does to me.....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Prune juice is a good poop maker....maybe you can give him a glycerin suppository to speed things up.... Not sure though, you mught want to ask his pediatrician.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 12:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• the doctors wanted to give him an enema at the hospital then send him home but we live an hour or so away from the hospital and they said he will probably poop alot within the first 10-15 minutes of getting it....im sorry but if they wanted to do it at the hospital then they would have to let us stay there till he was done pooping so much....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Oatmeal, raisin bran, cheerios always makes my LO poop. GL

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You can give him a suppository at home. I am just surprised they let kid with a battery in his belly leave the hospital at all. What if it explodes? The battery acid has to be dangerous. Shows how much I know.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i thought the same thing carriePM....they were going to extract it but it supposedly moved into his colon so they sent us home....i was pissed because of the fact that they said they were going to extract it,they had everything ready to do the surgery and we had drivin an hour or so just to get there,but they sent us home
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010