what is the best way to attach mittens to a coat so they dont get lost

ive tried the clips and my daughter came home with only 1 clip she has already lost 5 pairs of mittens and they are getting exspensive

Cynthia G.

Asked by Cynthia G. at 12:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You could sew them part way on the coat, so she just has to slip her coat on, and hands in the mits. And then when you dont need the mits anymmore, you just undo the threads :)

Answer by minimo77 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• might use safety pins. Or my mom would when making my girls baby winter outfits. use a long piece of string and sew inside of the pocket and attach other end to the mitten.

Answer by momindiana at 12:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I pin each glove to the end of a string and put them through the sleaves of the jacket. My son hates it so I haven't done it yet this year, but one year he lost at least 6 or 7 pairs so I did it. Now he gets one pair and once they're gone I get out the string =)

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Um I bought mitten clips. They are just aligator clips on a piece of elastic. Clip on side to the mitten and the other to the coat sleeve. Old fashioned knot mittens used to come with a long strin so you just thread it thorough the sleeves. Godd luck

Answer by NHRachel at 1:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When my kids were young, we were able to buy mittens that were already attached to EACH OTHER via a long cord - mitten to mitten. The cord ran down the INSIDE full length of both sleeves, never lost a mitten of a clip after that. Maybe you could look for something like that. if you can't find it, make it yourself. Sew a ribbon to the mittens.

Answer by raynestar at 1:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• The best way is to attach a string to each mitten and have it go from one sleeve through the coat and into the next sleeve

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My Mom would sew a long piece of yarn onto each mitten and then feed it through the sleeves of the coat.

Answer by Peajewel at 8:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• I had the mittens that were attached with the long string when my son was younger at it worked well.

Answer by KTMOM at 9:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2010

• sew them to the coat

Answer by mary40407 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010