How do you vote?

Do you vote based on your personal beliefs? Why or why not? I absolutely vote based on what I believe. I'm not saying that everyone has to agree or believe in what I believe. I just think that how I vote should be reconciled with what I believe.

muzomamma

Asked by muzomamma at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL...I was SO coming in here to say...you vote on TUESDAY! LOL I vote with the one who has the most in common with my beliefs.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I totally think you should vote based on what you agree with. although I also kept in mind that our country was based on freedom of religion so any beliefs of mine that were strictly religious, I tried to think about objectively. I had to think about "well not everyone is the same religion as me"
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I also vote with my beliefs, plus I am a republican so I tend to vote that way too.
    Anonymous

• momof030404--Thanks for the laughs! I guess I should have been more specific in my question.

muzomamma

Answer by muzomamma at 10:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Most of the time, I vote based on my beliefs and what/who I feel will do what is best for my family. I said "most of the time" because during the last gubernatorial race here I voted based on the fact that one of the candidates gave me the creeps. Silly, I know, but he gave me the willies.
    crazydogchick

Answer by crazydogchick at 10:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I vote for who I believe will have the best effect on my country. Who's stance on issues that are important to me, are more alligned with mine. My religous beliefs have no place in my politics.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I vote based on personal beliefs and definitely not by the party, but it seems that sometimes one party agrees more with what I agree with. I voted McCain/Palin (R) and I voted Warner (D) for senate in VA, I also voted for Boucher *I think thats how you spell it* also a dem for house. So I'm not for just one party. Warner is known not to take crap from anyone and he is known to not care about his party if they aren't doing the right thing for the people.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2008