did you kids used to eat something when they were younger that they refuse to eat now? or even vice versa?

my son used to eat cooked carrots then he stopped eating them for a very long time.....now he eats them again as long as they have cheese on them....he used to eat peanut butter and now he refuses to eat it.......he used to never eat green beans or peas and now he eats them right out of the can if you let him......

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My almost 18 year old ds used to live on peanut butter and jelly when he was little, now he'd rather starve than eat a pb&j.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My grandson wouldn't eat bananas until he was 5. My youngest son hated vienna sausge when he was a kid....as an adult he loves them for a quick out the door snack..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• all of my kids love pureed food as a baby. then when they turned 1 and ate the real stuff they turned their noses. it was something about the texture. now my 4 year old will eat any kind of veggie, she esp. loves green beans and peas. my 2 year old, well i have to sneak her veggies in. she's more of a fruit girl. they both love bananas which they got from daddy because i hate them! and our 10 month old will literally consume anything you put in front of her. i really don't see that changing. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• my son used to love them little sausage things,they made me sick....now he wont touch them.....his taste buds are funny......
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• oh believe me the 10 month old sounds like my son when he was that age! now he is 4 and it has changed,not by much but it has deffinately changed.....so beware,i mean not all kids are the same but you never know.....just because they eat whatever you put in front of them when they are llittle doesnt mean they will eat it when they get older....
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My kids are still young but I know from myself and others that peoples tastes change over time especially during hormonal changes or growthsperts. I know from myself too that some things that I used to hate as a kid I will now crave once in a while. I figure that I'm probably craving it because it has some nutrient that my body is needing at the time, in some cases anyway.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My 14 yr old used to eat ANYTHING put in front of him, now he is picky. He used to snack on peas when he was 9 months old. Now the only veggie he eats is beans and green peppers-raw. He does eat grilled cheese now when he would never touch them when he was younger. His taste buds change all the time and he eats more and more that he didn't before.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My son loved rice of any flavor, but doesn't like it now.
    He used to love green veggies as well, but won't eat them now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• not really, my almost 9 year old used to love bananas and while she does not refuse them now, she will not choose to eat one very often.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My son is only 4, but when he was a toddler he loved mashed potatoes. Now he won't touch them.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 2, 2010