I heard a wierd rumor...

Is it true your urine turns a darker and smells stronger when your pregnant?? Because I had that before I found out I was prego and didn't even know this was a sign??

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That can also be a sign of a yeast infection, Urinary tract infection, and so on. It's not a specific pregnancy sign, although with the hormones changing it can cause urine to change too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's also a sign you're not drinking enough water.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• A sign of many things, as the others mentioned.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes to the above 3.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Could be what you've ingested as well - vitamins in particular can do that. I don't think changes in urine have anything to do with being pregnant. Except for the frequency of course! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Your prenatal vitamins can cause changes in the urine color as well as the smell of it, the outside of the bottle should say so.
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• When I got pregnant with my dd this time my pee turned almost clear....b/c I was drinking lots of water and no other types of drinks.

But the other ladies are right MANY things can change the color of your pee...like vitamins, infections...drinks etc...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree with all the ladies.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That description of urine can be a myriad of different things. Infection, pregnancy, imbalances, etc.
    misslissaj3

Answer by misslissaj3 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My mom told me that your urine turns lighter... but I've had both since I been preggo... :\ didn't help much I guess...
    Luvmyfam7

Answer by Luvmyfam7 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2010