Does anyone have a mom that acts like a teenager?

So i reunited with my biological mom about 2 years ago and it was not at all what i expected. She is in her late 50s and wears mini skirts & shirts that you can see her braugh through & stripper shoes. Still goes out clubing and her favorite is strip clubs which is about every night. At first i just shrugged it off and just let her have her fun until i started realizing how every time i needed her as a mother she didn't know how to act or respond to me. I have kind of distanced myself from her so she has been calling me more often but i don't really know what to say anymore. Why cant she just grow up already?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Since my mom got divorced after being married for 25 years she has reverted back to her teenage years. I think its a way of living the life she never did and a way of covering her hurt and pain. I think its just a stage she will get over. Maybe your mom is just covering up something she has not dealt with? Good luck
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• YES- I can relate to this! yet I knew my mom my entire life- its been my whole life. I found several women as I was growing up going to school getting older who I think of as more a mom to me. I am hoping you have someone YOU can talk to as well and who you feel mothered by.
    I had to grow up quickly and I left home early.
    littlejulie

Answer by littlejulie at 1:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Cont distances yourself and when she asks you way tell her that when you need to speak to her and needed mom advice she shrugged you off. You can be honest with her. She must be scared to grow up and she really might need someone to call her on it.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, my mom acts like a 5 yr old!!!
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 1:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My Mom still acts and dresses like shes in her 20's.. She doesnt go out too much but she loves going to concerts etc, lol.. Still dresses like shes young too and she is 45.. But she does still look very good. I know she will never change so I dont really care, lol.. To each their own I guess
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 2:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• not so much like a teenager but yeah my mom, my sisters, brother and me can really party we have so much fun i would rather go out with my mom over my friends anyday
    sweade

Answer by sweade at 6:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes sometimes a child actually- yet she is able to function
    littlejulie

Answer by littlejulie at 4:33 AM on Jul. 5, 2011