• In the Spotlight:

How long should i wait to get pregnant again?

This might be a stupid question but I don't know what to do. I went to the doctor today and he asked me if I want more kids and I said yea. And he asked how long I was gonna wait and I asked him why he wanted to know and he said that since I have such a strong history of cervical cancer in my family i probably wont be able to have kids in a little bit. The thing is, I dont know how long to wait to get pregnant again. The twins are only a month old. And i want another child but not right now. But i dont want to wait to little or too long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you have any signs or symptoms of cervical cancer? Unless you actually HAVE it (or signs of it), I wouldn't worry about it for now. A girl I know had half of her cervix actually removed because she had cancer and has since had a baby and has another one on the way.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It takes about 18 months for your body to fully recover from a pregnancy the each time around. I think you should really look inside yourself and only have another child when you feel ready.
    TwinKleOut

Answer by TwinKleOut at 9:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• How long you wait id fully up to you. When you feel ready to have more kids go for it. They do say that your body isn't fully healed until about 18 months after birth and you should wait that long. But my younger two are 14 months apart and both are just fine, I was fine during the last pregnancy so everyone really is different as far as what our bodies will and won't tollerat. As far as the CC, my sister has had HPV for almost 10 years, which causes CC. She was told she probably won't be able to have any kids, well, she has 4. She did just lose on at 4 weeks, but it was unrelated to her HPV. Good luck with your choose.
    mommy_of3boys

Answer by mommy_of3boys at 9:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I recommend waiting until YOU are ready...not what anyone else thinks. As the old saying goes..."if it was meant to be, it will happen." Be thankful you have your twins! Enjoy them, and if you are able to have more, great!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2008