Okay seeing as some like to get all offended here is a reviwed Question.....What is "president obama" actually going to do? Why did you vote for him over McCain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• What's with all the Q's with quotation marks around obamas name. I may not have voted for him but even I recognize he IS going to be pres so it's just President elect. No need for the marks,.
    Anonymous

• the election is over. Obama won. Whether yuo WANTED him to win or not doesnt change the fact that he did. Let's be adults and show some respect for the man who will be leading our country for the next 4 years whether you like him or not. Time to put the drama away for four more years, kay?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• this is a legit question...so what if she put quotations around his name. i would like to know the answer to this also.
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes, I would like to know this question too
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 12:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We can't possibly know what he's actually going to do until after he takes office and has the chance to show us, so I'm not even going to speculate on that. I voted for him over McCain for many reasons. Trickle down economics was a big one. It doesn't work, imo, and McCain would have brought more of the same. I also believe our current tax system is out of balance and I thought Obama's tax plan would make more of a difference. I also believe healthcare should be a right not a privelege, and I liked Obama's stance against exemptions for pre-existing conditions. Obama also has a very pro-veteran voting record. His stance on abortion is the same as mine. Obama understands that not every situation is "us vs. them", quite often it can be "us AND them". I like that. I also like his demeanor and the way he conducted himself during the campaign. He's calm, rational, articulate, intelligent, and diplomatic.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm actually one who didn't vote, so it really didn't matter to me who became president, but I would like to know what anon thought "McCain" could do? How many presidents do you know fulfilled every promise that they made to the people. "Obama" is just a man isn't he. He's the new president, can we give the man a chance? I do agree with what jessradtke says, but I also liked John McCain and his stance on certain issues as well. Obama just won over the majority of the people. Plain and simple.
    makeitlast4ever

Answer by makeitlast4ever at 2:25 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• As near as I can tell, there aren't too many psychics here, so how the heck would anyone be able to predict what he is going to do? Hopefully, his JOB, which is more than I can say for Bush. Why did I vote for him? Because the concept of a republican...a *true* republican, hasn't been seen in Washington in a long time. Bush did not behave as a republican more often than not, and McCain was gearing up to be a Bush puppet by all accounts. There was a time when he stood up for his beliefs and ideals, and spoke his mind even when it was in disagreement with his president and I admired that. Then he decided to run for office and all of the sudden he was meed and meager, a yes-man of sorts. It was pathetic and wrong and I couldn't in good conscience vote for someone who could so easily dismiss what they claimed to believe in for years .
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2008