My son 5mths old has severe cold n breathing hard what shud i give him plz suggest.

Asked by Sanya786 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Call his pediatrician.

Answer by ballewal at 1:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• My son did this and had croup, the doctor gave him steroid to open up his airway and nebulizer treatment, you should call his dr. so it doesn't turn into something more serious. Just in case.

Answer by bjojola at 1:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Take him to the doctor. He is an INFANT and you can't just give him something suggested on a website. If he is having trouble breathing he needs to be seen asap.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I agree with all the above. Call his ped ASAP.

Answer by sta517 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am an Nicu nurse-

Get some of those saline nose drops for kids-sold at most stores. Do you have a bulb syringe? It's a sucker that most hospitals give you upon discharge. Use the drops and the bulb to suction out his nose.Does he have a fever? Is he eating? If the answer to either question is yes, call your doctor-

Answer by Sisteract at 1:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I would also take him to Dr but sometimes turning the shower on hot and closing bathroom doors and sit in the batroom with him breathing in the steam helps some.

Answer by Raindew at 1:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i would take him to the doctor or emergency room right away.thats realy nothing to deal with youre self hun.

Answer by funmom50 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Thanxs! I wud tk hm to dr 2dy

Comment by Sanya786 (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2010