do you think this election and america's descion has brought out closet bigots

I have read more racist things up here about obama then I have every read on my whole time on cafemom. This makes me feel that there are a lot more bigots in the world then I thought. what are your thoughts? this is more then just being a sore losers

giovannismom01

Asked by giovannismom01 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes it has. it has shown that racism is alive and well in here. However if you judge by the popular vote you can see that much of the bigots are here on CM and are a small minority. they just post their hate over and over.
    Anonymous

• I agree.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 10:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you poor thing...welcome to the real world...
    Star419

Answer by Star419 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• absolutely.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• nope. I think those idiots never went into hiding. A bigot is always a bigot. I voted against him for his WAY liberal views. Nothing more. I REALLY liked him when he was first interviewed on Oprah but the more I heard his positions I just couldn't do it.
    Anonymous

• Yes!
    Karinza

Answer by Karinza at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• They are almost always anonymous, and I would expect nothing less from a bigot. There are a few racists who aren't ashamed though (I could name names...but I'm not sure it's necessary) and I am always shocked at their gall. They must have a HUGE pair!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Just becuase you dont agree with them doesnt make them idoits actually. People can have their opions on a black president can't they? This is new for everyone, Some people like it some peple HATE it... You will have to deal with it. This is just the begining too...
    Sorry to say this but there is still such a thing as the KKK and its real. They arent going to shut up.
    Not a racist but racism IS REAL
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 10:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Anon 10:50 you hit the nail on the head. Racism is sadly alive and well within CM and the rest of our nation. But, it is dying. Tuesday proved that. I am shocked, though, at the number of women posting that are so fully of hatred, racism, and ignorance. To all the women of color who will read this, to all the others who will not, to anyone not afraid of skin pigmintation different than your own, welcome to the new world.
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008