Facebook chat question.

I asked this earlier, but I can't find it anywhere...not even under "my questions".

Last night, I tried to chat with someone I met through a mutual friend on Facebook. The little moon was next to his name, but the chat message went through. I kept refreshing the page and his name never did go off of chat, but the little moon stayed there. He never did respond to my message. Do you think he got it? His name did evetually disappear from the chat box, so I wonder if he saw my message when he logged out of Facebook completely. If he was ignoring me, I don't want to try again, but if he really didnt see it, I will.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• The moon means 'away'. When he comes back, your name will be in a minimized chat window with a red notification box next to it. As long as things don't glitch, he will see it. If, for some reason, that little box isn't there, he will only know you attempted a chat if he opens a chat window to you, or you send him a message again.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 1:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes, I did answer this. I said he was on but not using chat for awhile. He was logged in but maybe not at the computer.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:34 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• But do you think he noticed that I tried to chat with him?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• It's possible he didn't notice that you tried to chat with him. It will still be there next time he logs in, unless he clicked out of your chat box before closing FB.
    MommyLowry

Answer by MommyLowry at 1:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Facebook has many chat issues often, I would try again, and then if he doesn't respond, you will be sure he is not interested.
    MSMama21

Answer by MSMama21 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010