what to do about gender disappointment for your other child

My daughter wants a sister so bad, so do my fiance and i. we have chosen not to find out teh babies gender but im concerned that if we have a boy there will be alot of disappointed faces. Ultimately we want a healthy baby thats obvious and of course we will love whatever we have, but we my fiance and i have a gut feeling its a girl and my daughter refuses to believe its anything but a sister shes not even open to saying its maybe a sister according to her it IS a sister. Im just afraid it'll be born and be a boy and she will be disappointed and my fiance and i may be a lil disappointed and in a bit of shock.
anything like this every happen to you?

rockabell.2009

Asked by rockabell.2009 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'd be finding out the gender so you have the rest of the pregnancy to get her used to it being a boy if it is.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I KNEW I was having a girl and everyone else knew it and I just felt It would be a girl so I was SOOO excited. 5Month U/S day we found out it was a boy and although I love him to pieces, there are still some days ( he is 3 now ) that I am sad I don't have a little girl - you accept and get over it for the most part once they are born - sure disappointment might happen, but then love kicks in for you and DF but your daughter might have to accept it for a while
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• well its more that we can't find out the gender because i dont have insurance can't afford the ultrasounds
    rockabell.2009

Comment by rockabell.2009 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I was sure that I would not love a little boy as much as I loved my little girl. I had three younger brothers and always desperately wanted a sister. I wanted my DD to have a sister so badly. But then that little guy came out (we didn't know gender either). I will be honest there was a twinge of disappointment, but it was quickly overcome with love. I love that little guy and couldn't even imagine my life without him or my little son that came after him!
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 2:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Our daughter was hoping our third baby would be a girl instead of another brother. Well....our son was born and she was fine. She loves him to pieces and I just tried to remind her that if it was a boy, she wouldn't have to share her toys with him, either!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010