I need tips on dilating other then sex, stimulation, walking and spicy food any idea?

I started contracting on Thursday and im 2cm and have very soft cervix i am not liking this pain so I would love some ideas on dilating! pretty please the doctor said there Isnt much he can do ttill Im 4 cm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Relax and let nature do it's thing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Put 5 Evening Prime Rose Oil capsules on your cervix tonight. If you can have your husband put them it that will be easier. My DH put them in for me after my midwife recommended them. Do it RIGHT before bed. That will ripen your cervix. When you wake up go for a walk for at least an hour. Then put 2 more capsules in and take a nap. Make the eggplant parmesean for dinner if you aren't already in labor and eat a large portion. Then if you still aren't in labor place 5 more capsules on your cervix before bed.

This is what my midwife told me to do. I was in labor by the first night but she said it can take a couple of days.

Of course none of this will work if your body isn't ready.

My midwife wanted to naturally induce me because of some blood pressure issues that came up. It worked!!

Anonymous

• i'd just try visualization. relax and visualize a flower opening, stuff like that. i'm sure you could google up some good ideas. i don't think anything else would help, and at least that couldn't hurt
    Anonymous