To Obama supporters. Why Answer?

Why do you waste your time answering some of the hateful, racist post that are posted in here? There are good questions from posters who can actually ask about the issues without bringing hate into their questions. Answer those and ignore the rest. why not Let the hateful posters answer themselves and pat themselves in the back?

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 10:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Sometimes I can't help myself. You are absolutely right, though. We should treat them like we would treat a 3 year old throwing a tantrum. Ignore them - eventually (hopefully!) they'll stop.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• simple people want to start drama!
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 10:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ....I really don't know...

I guess I was just hoping to open a few minds from their closed state. It won't happen but it's wishful thinking. :)

I really don't want to have to spend the next 4 or 8 years trying to get people to understand pure logic and reason...
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• :) LOL Duster :) I wonder if my blocked list here on cafemom can support that many names???
    flutterfae

• I find myself getting caught up in that as well. But I will do my best not to. I will ignore as much as possible and like dustermommy said "We should treat them like we would treat a 3 year old throwing a tantrum. Ignore them "

unfortunately closed minded people are not going to change. specially when they are bitter over their candidate loss.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree. Report, block and ignore. Report all those hateful posts.
    Anonymous

• I feel that we should do the same with ALL of the hateful anonymous posters as well. For one day we should all band together and carry on conversations around the Anons....pretending like we can't even see what they are posting. That would almost be fun, imagining their frustration at being unable to induce drama. :)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have honestly tried all day not to even open the ones that relate to politics at all. I am not having any luck. I am getting texts on my phone trying to be hateful then turning around trying to be funny. I am the type of person who gets worked up and really wants to make people feel like idiots for racism and pure ole ignorance. I want to shed some light on the rumors they chose to believe without trying to find truth to it. So I think I'm going to try to keep ignoring them. I just really have no tolerance for prejudice and hatred. UGH!!! Sometimes I hate being red-heded. I get so freakin mad!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I just talked to cafemom about this same issue.....I guess everyone is entitled to free speech and can say whatever they want on here, I dont think we should ignore the idiots we should stick up for ourselves and let them know they are being idiots!!!!
    Anonymous

• What a bunch of hypocrites...it's okay for Obama supporters to bash and call people idiots but dare a non-Obama supporter do it! lol
    Anonymous