Why does it seem so different this time?

When i was pregnant with my son i didn't start showing till 6-7 months this one im 17 weeks and showing like i did at 7 months. this is my 2nd pregnancy. Everything seems so different this time.... like i had no morning sickness with my son, was glowing more, and in general felt better, this one my skin, and hair feel and look dull, my skin is super dry, im already showing badly, the sickness was horrible this time too. when i went in for my first U/s when i was 9 weeks there were 2 water sacs but one HB and when i went in to the next ob apt there was still only 1 HB so im sure there is only 1 baby.... im just curious as to why i am already showing with this one whereas with my son i wasn't showing yet.

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 1:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It is because it is your second pregnancy. You typically show quite a bit sooner. As to the other differences it is just because it is a different pregnancy. I have been pregnant five times and each one of them have been very different.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Well, Your ab muscles are streched out from the previous pregnacy. Most people show sooner after the first pregnancy! As for the rest, each pregnancy is different, but I am wondering if you are possibly having a girl this time around. :)
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• You show faster with the 2nd. Every pregnancy is different, too. My pregnancies with my son and daughter were totally different.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• each pregnancy is different. I was huge with my 1st and not so much with my 2nd & 3rd. Maybe it's because I was running after 2 little kids all the time! Everyone told me I was going to be bigger with each pregnancy I had, not so true! But, everybody is different and each pregnancy is different.
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• i never even showed with my first baby but this one im 11weeks and im already starting to show more, i think through my last pregnancy i think my belly showed me saying around 16weeks when i was 30 and 33weeks i had my daughter
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I didn't show earlier with my second or third. This one tho is my fourth and I definitely showed earlier than I ever did. It is completely different, no issues, except indigestion every once in awhile, but nothing more serious. I am completely stumped too as to what it is. Find out on Wed. tho. I am older too so everything seems slower and a little worse. A little worried about delivery and everything since I am older but hopefully it is ok. Did not plan another one, was quite happy with my three, but found my high school sweetheart after leaving a very bad marriage and he is the love of my life. It is awesome and being that he had cancer and was told he could not have kids, well guess what? He can! If u r really and truly concerned something may be wrong tell ur doctor. Let him know ur concerns and maybe he can help ease ur worries.
    Mommyfouru

Answer by Mommyfouru at 2:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Im hoping that he can... I go on the 9th (nxt thurs) to see what we are having and since the us machine is in the same office as my ob it makes it easier to have us' done... im sure all is well and that its just that im bummed about the whole gaining weight thing
    TatymMommi

Comment by TatymMommi (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2010