Hypothetical Christmas Question

What would you get your kids for Christmas if all you could spend was $50 total for all of them?

Anonymous5

Asked by Anonymous5 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Shopping

• I would probably head to Goodwill to buy some books. A few for each of the kids at about $1 each. Then look through clearance racks and find a new shirt each. Hair barrettes, bubble baths, candies. Then a puzzle for one, board game for another and ball for the youngest. All the items they could share and it would be a great Christmas still.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have 5 kids so that's 10 bucks a kid. I would probably get the 3 oldest each a video game (used), my 4yo girl something princess and my 2 year old boy likes anything with wheels. They don't need anymore toys, it would suck to get one outfit for Christmas, and they have more books than most libraries.  So I think that's what I would do.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'd go to Walgreen's for the little ones. You can get 3 toys for $13.98 there, so I could 3 toys for each for under $30. Then for the older one I'd pick one thing she wanted that I could get for $20 or less. If I had anything left I'd buy them some candy.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have one, and $50 is just about what I've spent on her.
    Anonymous

• That's probably what I've spent - only one child.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Or the dollar store. My girls are both really young (4 yo and 7 mos) so they have no concept of price, new/used, etc. It's all about quantity to them. So I'd head to the dollar store & get stickers, coloring books, bubbles, pretties (bracelets, etc), dress up stuff (wand, tiara, shoes). You can load up there for 50$!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 2:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Hit up Goodwill or other thrift stores, craigslist , etc... I have seen so many hardly or never used items at Goodwill etc.... and wish I knew someone who could use them. I actually buy some of them for my future grandchildren.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'd give them each a 50.00 gift card to their favorite store and let them spend it as they want.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That's about all I spent. Great gifts don't have to be expensive.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Not hypothetical here, it's happened. One year I hit up Dollar Tree, got a bunch of coloring books, other books, little toys. I also got some stuff on Black Friday - $2 DVDs, $5 toys, slippers, $3 pajamas. I'd picked up a bunch of cheap school supplies and tucked them away earlier that fall, so they all got a box of crayons that I'd paid 25 cents for. I got some candy too - not cheap crap, just not much. Bought a few peices of special fruit I didn't normally get (asian pears). Most Christmases my budget is only $20 or so per kid. I just watch my sales!
    Anonymous