Have you ever slapped your s/o?

I have. It happened 1 time it's been 8 years and never happened since. He went out late one night & it was not like him too not call, i hadn't heard from him and was so worried. He came in the next day you could tell he was drunk & we started arguing...told me i had no reason to be so worried that's when it happened. It was very wrong of me and i was ashamed. Completly out of character for me.A big mistake i will never do again. I thought i would post this because of another post i read. Man or woman it's never ok to hit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• The temptation to slap him was there, I just never followed through with it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, never in anger anyways...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Not on purpose!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• no, i have never slapped my husband. unless your or your kid's life is in danger there is no reason to physically hit someone. slapping him over cheating or arguing is just immature and it doesn't make you any better than him. i slapped my ex one time, because he put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed them in a threatening way. he was abusive though, he also pushed me through the kitchen one day and would throw hard objects at my head a lot. but other than that i have never slapped another human being, and believe me there have been times i've wanted to but it's really unnecessary unless you are defending yourself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Jokingly, yes. Seriously, no, but I have wanted to, believe me.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 2:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Nope, have never even thought of it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I am sure you are not the only one. And I am sure you are not the only one who feels so bad about it. That's what really matters. You had a right to be angry - don't forget that either! It was just this particular manner of expressing that anger that wasn't in line with what you believe nad who you are.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• NO- Never in 15 years of marriage; not that he has Not Deserved it at times though!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I've never slapped him but i have thrown stuff into walls so I wouldn't beat the hell out of him. lost a lot of cell phones that way.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, I never have and I never will
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2010