Well, I guess the tsa thinks women shouldn't handle money-

and a woman carrying checks- yes bank checks- is a police matter.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/113218/tsa_targets_adulterers_now_where

linky

Does your husband need to give you permission to use money?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah, I read about this knuckledragging crap a while ago.

these TSA agents have rent-a-cop power tripping syndrome, big time. it's appalling.

I read another thing about how they harrassed a canadian woman coming here for a blogger's seminar. she'd been cleared by security but they were grilling her derisively about her career, she blogs about motherhood. they were asking questions unrelated to security, just out of their own personal curiosity. 

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Good Lord! What if she was trying to make an escape from an abusive marriage? The possible outcomes of things like this are unimaginable.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• That's what I said, too, QM. this could have been a long planned and desperately needed escape with a single opportunity. and you KNOW those asshats wouldn't have done this crap had the passenger been a male traveling alone with checks in his wife's name.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• No, I'm sure you are right auto. I am sure had the woman been escaping an abusive relationship and later turned up dead that they wouldn't have taken ownership of their part of her demise.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• yikes...one more reason to travel by car instead of plane.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Autodidact, I think this is the first time we've ever seen eye-to-eye ....

This is appalling!!! TSA is nothing more than mall security for the airport. They have ZERO authority - there purpose is simply to be professional witnesses - they have completely overstepped their bounds.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• people need to start asking TSA agents, LOUDLY: "Are you a sex offender?" and asking what is the point of questions NOT related to security "Are your prescriptions working?"

they need to be told firmly that we are NOT required to answer non security issue questions.

and we should all wear these 

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• sadly, Gal, there are those on both sides of the aisle who are fooled into thinking this travesty is making anyone safe. even if it WAS complete, screening for everyone on the plane (but the pilots, who, let's face it, already HAVE control of the plane, if they wish to do anything nefarious) AND THE CARGO, I'd still have issues with the violation of the 4th amendment.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• and we should all wear these 

autodidact

Answer by autodidact

sidesplittinglaughter I'm asking Santa for a 4th Amend. Bra!

SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 4:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I remember when this happened. It was utterly appalling then. Now, in light of the new "security" measures, such treatment is terrifying. Yes, the TSOs are the new 'used car salesmen' -- let's take advantage of the women who are alone.

And I want some of that 4th amendment underwear, too. Not that I'm flying anytime in the near future....
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2010