STATUE OF LIMITATIONS

Does anyone know if there is a statue of limitations in Illinois ? I was in a crash in 2006. All was taken care of and the doctors that were involved in my care all got paid through collections. Now I got in the mail today that they say I owe them $750.00!!!! It says that they did not send it to collections! How is that my problem?? I paid this guy alot of money, like $350.00!!!! This cannot be legal!!! I think it is strange that they wait till 4 1/2 years after the crash to give me a bill!!!! Something does not seem right. If anybody can tell me for sure if the statue is up on this,I would really appreciate it. On top of it they have dates on the statement that I was not even there!!! I saw this guy one day!!! The day of the crash!!!! Are they trying to get money from me illegally?? Help!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 2:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• There is no statute of limitations on collecting debts.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• 7 years

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2010

• http://www.car-accident-advice.com/statute-of-limitations.html
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Google free legal advice. I did that because someone tried to come after me (I'm in MI and the Statute of Limitations is I think 6 yrs. here) but I googled free legal advice and asked a question on a forum and they gave me the legal answer and when they called trying to collect I told them what the answer on the forum said (I can't remember the amount of yrs.) and they dropped it! Give it a try it worked for me! I don't know about IL but there is a Statute of Limitations on debt in MI. Hope this helps!
    NaturalMomOfTwo

Answer by NaturalMomOfTwo at 2:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I'd get a detailed list of everything that they supposedly did. that way you can assess whether it was just a typo by the person doing the billing or it they are mixing you up with someone else.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2010