Does a gyno visit hurt when your pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It really depends on what they are doing and how uncomfortable you find them when not pregnant.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 10:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mine was a little uncomfortable, but I had a doc who didn't really care about the fact that there was a woman behind the vagina. All he wasnted was money for delivering the kid. Plus he had large hands and before becoming pregnant I usually saw the nurse practitioner.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I agree with urthat1chick, it really depends on what your going for. The initial visit is just like a pap, which doesn't really hurt... its just kinda awkward and uncomfortable. Although my OB stuck her fingers in my butt, unexpectedly... and that sucked a lot. LMAO. If you are full term and you go in to get checked, that kinda hurts a little, pressure and such... but not to bad. If you get your membranes striped, that is painful... IMO. But nothing is going to hurt as much as the actual birth, so don't worry about the OB. Sit back and enjoy your pregnancy... its only 9 months long! I loved being pregnant!
    Klynn-whitlow

Answer by Klynn-whitlow at 11:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It's not as fun as making the baby LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• lol prettyrayray it also depends on your doc. My doc was pretty gentle its a little uncomfortable but not painful but I went in one night with preterm contractions and saw the doc on call. When he did a cervical exam I just about cried and then said to my mom (Geeze he could have bought me dinner first;)) Try to relax and take deep breaths
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was only palpated, prenatally, so it was never bad at all. Many women get vaginal exams, but I don't like the idea of it, and it was never offered anyway. (I love midwives!)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:08 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i thought that towards the end it started to hurt a little when they checked for dialation
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• That all depends on you. I don't find anything that goes on down there to be very comfortable (sorry, hubby!), so for me, they hurt, some worse than others. I just kept telling myself that it was necessary, and what was to come was going to be wayyy worse, so I'd better toughen up.

Thankfully, they won't mess with you too much down there until the last few weeks of pregnancy, so enjoy the easy appointments for awhile!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:00 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• when you are further along, it can!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008