how far along in pregnancy do you have to be until your OB will have you come in to see him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my pregnancy they wanted me to be at least 12 weeks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine was 6 weeks
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine was about 8 weeks. Everydoc is different. Call them up and make an appt. You may get in soon or in a few weeks depending on thier policy.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine wanted me when I found out I was pregnant.... but then again it was unplanned so I didn't know how far along I was
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I think I was 6 or 7 weeks
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• lol don't worry about it; i was five months pregnant with my first before i saw a doctor. she came out with all her fingers and toes, cute as a button
    although i wouldn't recommend that >.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 2:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine reccomended I be at least 10-12 weeks before I came in unless I had no idea when I got pregnant. She liked the miscarriage risk time to be passed before her patients came in. No sense in getting their hopes up.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Yes no sooner than 10 weeks for mine too unless you had a special issue like medication readjustment.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2010

• Mine said 8 weeks, so we were "guaranteed" to hear the heart beat (I use quotes because, of course, there are occasions where a baby has died already, or the doctor is incompetent, etc - but babies hearts starte beating around 6-7 weeks, so you're typically guaranteed to hear it at 8 weeks with a good doppler).
    Anonymous

• I was 6 weeks with my first but I was 5 weeks when I called so they got me in pretty quickly. WIth my DS I was 4 weeks along. I found at I was pregnant at exactly 14 DPO and they got me in 3 days later. Then they did the first ultra sound at 9 weeks.

We've recently moved and the OBGYN/Midwives I got to now sees you as early as 6 weeks and will do the first ultra sound at your first appoinment.

It really just depends on your doctor or midwife.
    Anonymous